2020-21 NBA Season Opening Night Schedule, Christmas Day
The new season of the NBA is about to kick off, so the league just announced its national television schedule for the first three-game days of the 2020-21 season. The schedule includes an opening-night doubleheader on TNT, one game each on TNT and ESPN, and five Christmas Day games to be aired on ESPN and ABC.
All in all, there will be nine games from Tuesday to Friday to ensure maximum basketball consumption, which will all be featured on the top Bitcoin sportsbooks. Fans are encouraged to get some rest before the game day begins. The action starts with Kevin Durant going up against his former team, the Golden State Warriors, and a rivalry battle in Los Angeles between Clippers and Lakers.
Here’s the complete opening night and Christmas Day game schedule and broadcast information for TNT, ESPN, ABC, and NBA TV:
Tuesday, Dec. 22: Opening Night
- Golden State Warriors vs. Brooklyn Nets (7 p.m. ET, TNT)
- LA Clippers vs. Los Angeles Lakers (10 p.m. ET, TNT)
Wednesday, Dec. 23
- Milwaukee Bucks vs. Boston Celtics (7:30 p.m. ET, TNT)
- Dallas Mavericks vs. Phoenix Suns ( 10:30 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Friday, Dec. 25: Christmas Day
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Miami Heat (12:00 p.m. ET, ESPN)
- Golden State Warriors vs. Milwaukee Bucks (2:30 p.m. ET, ABC)
- Brooklyn Nets vs. Boston Celtics (5:00 p.m. ET, ABC)
- Dallas Mavericks vs. Los Angeles Lakers (8:00 p.m. ET, ABC/ESPN)
- LA Clippers vs. Denver Nuggets (10:30 p.m. ET, ESPN)
The NBA will reveal the complete game and broadcast schedules for the first half of the season on Friday, December 4. The league confirmed that they will announce the first and second halves of the 2020-21 schedule separately to remain flexible as the COVID-19 situation progresses. Changes, of course, are expected along the way.
Here’s the tentative schedule for the 2020-21 NBA Calendar:
- Preseason games: Dec. 11-19, 2020
- First half of regular season: Dec. 22, 2020-March 4, 2021
- All-Star break: March 5-10, 2021
- Second half of regular season: March 11-May 16, 2021
- Play-in tournament: May 18-21, 2021
- NBA playoffs: May 22-July 22, 2021